If the problem is slight and/or has gradually gotten worse, this may just
require an adjustment of the color brightness/background/bias and/or color
gain/drive controls inside the TV. See the section:
Color balance adjustment.
|NotTaR of Television Sets : One color is too weak or too strong
1994-2007, Samuel M. Goldwasser. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of this document in whole or in part is permitted if both of the following conditions are satisfied: 1. This notice is included in its entirety at the beginning. 2. There is no charge except to cover the costs of copying.
I may be contacted via the Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ (www.repairfaq.org) Email Links Page.
<< Brightness control has no.. |
| Psychodelic color >>
Note that if it is possible to obtain a good black and white picture with the
user color control set to its minimum, then this is not likely a problem with
one of the primary color channels (red, green, or blue) but with the chroma
decoding circuitry. Or, perhaps, you are just watching MTV!
Even if it appears as though there is an excess, this may actually be a
reduction in one of the primary colors. For example, a magenta tinge is
represents a reduction in the strength of the green signal.
- Too high an intensity for one of the color channels will result in a tint of
one of the primaries: red, green or blue.
- Too low an intensity for one of the color channels will result in a tint of
the complement of one of the primaries: yellow, cyan, or magenta.
- Problems mainly in the shadows or dark areas of the picture usually represent
a fault with brightness/bias/background.
- Problems mainly in the highlights or bright areas of the picture usually
represent a fault with the gain/drive.
A color that that is now suddenly brighter or darker than normal resulting in
incorrect color balance or a tint in the background could be due to a number
- Bad connections or bad component in video amplifier or on CRT neck board for
- Fault in chroma decoder.
- Weak gun in CRT (reduced color).
<<Brightness control has no.. |
| Psychodelic color>>